03 June 2009

Hello World!

And that was a very original title, I know. The alternative (if we're going for Rocky and Bullwinkle references here) was my usual conversation starter: "Hey, how's it goin'?" That just didn't seem all that appropriate. This one certainly acts to satisfy an introduction from a programmer's standpoint, though. I am curious as to how many programmer blogs start in exactly the same fashion. Not to worry, I'm sure there will be several opportunities to stand out in the near future.

Programming (or "Software Engineering," if you'd like to catch me on a technicality) is just a part of my professional life. It's what I spent 8 semesters striving for attaining at the University of Advancing Technology, and that has to mean something positive. Or perhaps not, as far as the actual industry is concerned. But let's not get ahead of ourselves -- there can't be much of a story if all the information is enclosed from the beginning.

While programming is done as the main course, the mashed potatoes of the meal would have to be my gaming side. Video games, board games, logic puzzles, and anything else that is mentally rewarding. I consider some mathematics to fall under this category as well.

And writing, of course, but does that really desire too much clarification? This will be the medium used for this entire process, and it's just getting special mention in the blog's name due to my passion for it. Yes, I revel in the thought of publishing something someday. So yes, writing is most definitely all-around amazing and I look forward to doing much of it here in the future.

I shall use this place as a means to discuss all manner of thoughts and revelations I have. If you're a programmer and/or a gamer, I'm sure you'll enjoy most of what I post here.

Cheers,
Trevor Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment