29 September 2010

Programmer Gamer Writer Returns

Seemingly ages ago, I set off with what turned into a half-ass attempt at chronicling side projects and gaming experiences.  Well, perhaps that's giving myself too much credit, as the attempt has turned into not even halfway.  But such is the dilemma with a blog: we begin and have a seemingly good thing going until we miss one deadline.  We realize that our aspiration is futile, as we broke a dream that was meant to be perfect.  Rather than keep the dream alive, we toss it in the trash to laugh at and hope to forget.

To be honest, I never had deadlines.  But not much was really happening in terms of "change," and I stopped working on personal projects for a long while.  This had been assisted by my acquired job from January that started out as a contract position and moved into full-time.  The beginning of that time I had only public transportation to get to and from work, which turns a manageable trip by car into something abysmally long, and I dared not purchase a vehicle until switching to full-time.

So I have no excuses to not return to the blog, other than that I haven't made an entry in so long.  I am a full-time employee at Mission3 and I have a car that gives loads more free time.  Recent experience can vouch for the "inaction is the same as failure" line of thinking, and I'd rather try for the chance of success than give up on this little endeavor here.  And hey, that's something I need to tell myself for my personal projects as well.

Not anything really meaningful here.  Just a note that the gravestone is postponed on this project.  What's to come?  Expect the topic of "Gamer" to be the focus of the next post -- I'm not yet ready to disclose my personal project plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment