21 September 2009

The ColorWare Dream

As some of my friends know, I once had a Playstation 3.  A dark green one, actually, which I had bought from the amazing website ColorWare.  I have recently been browsing around that website again, and I can't help but be vastly entertained.  They have a really nice setup for clicking on colors and being able to see exactly how the selected color would look on whatever device you're messing around with.  It's a great enough time consumer, and you will find yourself looking into the effects of coloring devices that you have no desire in ever buying.

I was caught today by the PS3 Slim being a now-selectable option.  From checking several weeks ago, it had yet to make an appearance.  And I would argue that the options for the Slim are much better than the original.  The thing with the original was that the system had to be all one color.  With the Slim, you can make the top and bottom pieces a separate color, as well as select the color for the new PS3 logo.

I don't have my Playstation 3 anymore, having sold it several months back, but I want to go by ColorWare again when I do get around to getting another.  And I won't make the same mistake as last time.  Choosing a very dark color when it's always in a dark place?  It was difficult to tell that it was colored at all.  With this two-tone business, I think this will be the look of my future PS3:


That's from coloring the front with Sand and both the back and logo with Rootbeer.

What would my dream 360 look like?  Well, maybe I'll follow the same color scheme for all of the devices I get from ColorWare.  It's not exactly a unique route, but it would be a kind of signature.

Assuming this is not all an unfulfillable dream...  But, hey, dreams keep us going as a hope for the future.  There's certainly nothing wrong with having material dreams (especially since most all of my dreams are material).

No comments:

Post a Comment