19 July 2009

Stalling

I tend to not have a problem when it comes to understanding logic, or so I think, but occasionally this one problem shows up that proves to be quite bothersome. In most circumstances, I would just give up and find some way to avoid having to solve the problem altogether -- for those who don't know me, compromise is one of my favorite solutions when the going gets rough. However, sometimes I find myself looking forward to the end result and imagining what it could become, which can find me miraculously pushing myself forward, tossing more fruitless solutions at the problem and watching them all become further victims of what could arguably be my favorite key on the keyboard: Delete.

I may be in one of those "I'm too close to the problem" sort of moments, where I am too focused on the problem to the point where I am incapable of thinking outside of the box for a solution. Sleeping over a problem is usually a good choice for me, since there's not usually a rush, but I do ever so want to rush right now that I don't want to have to sleep over it. Besides, I slept over it last night, and all it produced was a figuratively new angle that ultimately led to taking a step backward to a literally new angle.

I am a little excited by all of this positive emotional overload for if this works, but having to create algorithms to imitate lighting effects... Manipulating individual pixels and all that is perhaps beyond the reaches of my usual capabilities. But it's the basis for this program I'm working on right now, and everything else will fall into place afterward. Gah, it's ever so frustrating, though.

Happy thoughts, Trevor.
Soon you could be done with it.
Patience till then, 'k?

***Update
Not even a half-hour after writing this and I made an awesome breakthrough that solved pretty close to the entire problem. Just some minor tweaks with it, but the main headache has been resolved. The main part that's left is to perform the same steps with diagonal movement, and... well, let's just say that results for viewers like you will be seen very soon (like, within the next week or two soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment